COVID-19 TRAVEL ADVISORY - LEARN MORE
CITY OF WAUWATOSA
Updated: May 5, 2020
This document describes Discovery Wauwatosa’s policy regarding personal information, site security, communication and site usage of DiscoverWauwatosa.com and all other sites operated by Discover Wauwatosa. Use of the website signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions of use set forth in this document. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access or otherwise use this website.
Collection of Personal Information
As a matter of policy, your e-mail address will not be sold, rented, or shared with any other business or organization. Users that have checked one of our e-mail request buttons opting to receive communications from us, may, from time to time, receive travel information, updates about new website features and other information relating to Wauwatosa. If you wish to be removed from our e-lists, click on the unsubscribe link. Please allow one week for our list to be updated.
As part of a governmental body, Discover Wauwatosa is subject to open records laws found in Chapter 19 of the Wisconsin State Statutes. Among other things, that means that the City of Wauwatosa must periodically archive DiscoverWauwatosa.com and personal information obtained through DiscoverWauwatosa.com. The City of Wauwatosa retains archived data for a period of seven years. Upon proper request, the City of Wauwatosa may be required by law to disclose that personal information collected by Discover Wauwatosa to public record requestors.
Meeting and Tour Planners
Information provided by meeting planners and other travel professionals is reviewed by Discover Wauwatosa staff to follow up on requests and develop future business. Events booked in Wauwatosa could be displayed on venue event calendars unless that event is specifically marked confidential. If a meeting is confidential it is our policy not to list it on any distributed information. Discover Wauwatosa also uses provided information for internal purposes such as e-mail contact.
Security of Personal Information
We exercise reasonable care to protect your non-public personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure. So, while we strive to protect your non-public personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via e-mail. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once received, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
We may disclose information, including non-public personal information, in special cases when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with the legal process such as, but not limited to, situations when we are required to do so by federal, state or local laws and regulations or when we receive a subpoena or are ordered by a court to do so; (b) protect and defend our rights; or (c) act to protect the interests of our users or others. Additionally, we may, without notice to you, provide aggregate statistics about web traffic by visitors to the website(s), such as volume, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal information.
Discover Wauwatosa uses Google Analytics, which means that cookies are used and shared with Google Analytics to personalize content and to track user behavior. If you wish to opt out of cookies that allow us to serve advertisements while you are in Wisconsin and collect aggregate information on website features influence visitation, visit Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance.
Transmission of Information
All personal data provided to Discover Wauwatosa online will be handled in accordance with these terms. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
The purpose of Discover Wauwatosa’s website is to provide citizens, businesses and visitors a wide range of information about the City of Wauwatosa. As part of this public purpose, the website includes links to outside websites compatible with this goal. Discover Wauwatosa has no control over the format, content, or accuracy of any information found on any website not a part of Discover Wauwatosa’s website. Discover Wauwatosa is not responsible for, does not endorse, and cannot assure the accuracy of information on outside websites.
The following criteria will be used in considering requests for links from the Discover Wauwatosa’s website. If a particular request is not granted, the requester may ask the Wauwatosa Tourism Commission to decide whether to approve the request. The Commission will review the merits of the requested link, keeping in mind the following criteria, to determine whether it serves the overall purpose of Discover Wauwatosa’s website. Discover Wauwatosa reserves the right to determine how and where external links will appear on its website; i.e. what page the link appears on and where the link is placed on the page.
Discover Wauwatosa may provide links to websites for:
• Governmental and educational institutions
• Organizations funded or created by the City of Wauwatosa
• Nonprofit neighborhood associations within the City of Wauwatosa
• Organizations providing the public with information or access to the arts, humanities, culture or education
• Non-profit Wauwatosa business development organizations
• Web guides providing information about Wauwatosa hotels, restaurants, retail stores and similar businesses
• Local and regional media websites
• Organizations partnering with the City of Wauwatosa to meet the City’s strategic or operational goals
The City’s website will not provide links to web sites for:
• Candidates for local, state or federal offices
• Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue
• Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above
• Individual or personal home pages
Links to the Discover Wauwatosa’s website are permissible, and are in fact encouraged.
Although the data found on Discover Wauwatosa’s website has been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information. The information published on this website could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Discover Wauwatosa makes no representation about the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the information contained in the materials published on this website for any purpose. All such information is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. This disclaimer applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information.
Materials and data available on this website may change without notice. Resources that are currently free and publicly available may require a fee or restricted access at later times, and the location of items may change as menus, documents, and files are reorganized. The user expressly agrees that use and reliance upon Discover Wauwatosa website is at the user’s sole risk.
In no event shall Discover Wauwatosa be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages or damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in action for contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of software, documents, provision of or failure to provide services, or information available from this website.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
Social Media Comments
Discover Wauwatosa is a limited forum. Please keep your comments clean and appropriate. Inappropriate comments are subject to deletion by Discover Wauwatosa, as described herein. The following specific requirements apply:
1. All Discover Wauwatosa social networking sites shall adhere to applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies including, but not limited to the State of Wisconsin Open Records Law.
2. The content on this page operated by Discover Wauwatosa is related to tourism in the City of Wauwatosa.
3. Any content added to Discover Wauwatosa’s social media accounts will be considered the property of the City of Wauwatosa and will be archived by the City outside this social media provider’s platform.
5. Discover Wauwatosa reserves the right to temporarily suspend or terminate social media sites at any time.
6. If a post violates any of the following rules, it will be removed from the site:
- Content that is not topically related to the particular purpose, goal or statement on the site.
- Content that uses profane language, or is sexually graphic, obscene or explicit.
- Content that is abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- Content that suggests or encourages illegal activity.
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Content posted by a person whose profile picture, username or email address contains any of the aforementioned prohibited conduct.
- Solicitations or advertisements, including, but not limited to promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental activity.
- Content attempting to defame or defraud any person or financial, commercial or governmental agency.
- Content that compromises the safety and security of the public or public systems.
- Content that violates any local, state or federal law.
- Content that promotes political purposes, a candidate or content associated with a candidate for elected office, any political party or ballot proposal.
- Users who violate these terms three times will be removed from the site
Attn: Kim Land, 7725 W. North Avenue Wauwatosa, WI 53213 USA
If you do not want us to use or republish your posted text, photo, video or other materials (collectively “CONTENT”) as contemplated below, then please don’t respond to our questions/posts or otherwise post content on or via our official brand presence on social media platforms. Examples of our official brand on social media platforms include the Discover Wauwatosa Facebook page, Discover Wauwatosa Instagram account, and Discover Tosa Twitter accounts.
By posting or otherwise making available any Content, or otherwise responding to or communicating with us on or via our official brand presence on social media platforms/sites and branded hashtags (including, without limitation Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, collectively “Social Media Platforms”) you represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older and that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You irrevocably grant us, and our affiliates, licensees and assigns, a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted right and license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, publish, post, distribute, publicly perform, sublicense, or otherwise provide to others, your Content in any and all media, formats and channels (now in existence or hereinafter developed) for any purpose, including advertising and commercial purposes.
Important Note: we may also use any ideas, suggestions, developments, and/or other material embodied in your posted Content as we see fit without any compensation or attribution to you. We will, however, try to credit you as the author/source of the Content and you agree that we may identify you as the author/source of the Content by referring to your Social Media Platform handle or identifier as we see appropriate.
You represent and warrant that the Content does not violate or infringe any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, rights of publicity and privacy.
Important Note: If any third-party content is included in your posted Content you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute/credit such content to the owner.
Don’t post any Content that is disruptive, abusive, vulgar, profane, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses personally identifiable information or private or personal matters concerning any person;
Don’t impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
You represent that all testimonials, endorsements, and/or advertisements contained in your posted Content are truthful, accurate and represent your opinion and personal experience.
You agree to hold Discover Wauwatosa (sometimes referred to herein as “us” or “our”) and our affiliates, agents and licensees (collectively, “Indemnitees”) harmless, and defend and indemnify the Indemnitees from any claim, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgements, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your posted Content and/of your use of our official brand presence on Social Media Platforms.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of State of Wisconsin without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws. In no event will we be liable hereunder for extraordinary, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages, including lost profits.