We're committed to providing a clean and safe environment for travel. - LEARN MORE
The health and safety of visitors and residents of the City of Wauwatosa are of the utmost importance to us. Along with the support of the WI Department of Tourism, Discover Wauwatosa is committed to providing accurate, up-to-date information to help you stay safe while traveling to and visiting our charming city.
Wauwatosa will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and stay in contact with federal and local public health authorities.
Travelers to Wauwatosa should continue to observe the health recommendations of national and local public health officials.
What You Need to Know for Your Visit
The City of Wauwatosa is carefully tracking key indicators to guide the safe reopening across the city, county and state. For recommendations on gathering sizes, retail occupancy, gym occupancy, please visit the “Suburban Milwaukee County Safe Opening Capacity Guidance” chart.
Residents and visitors of Wauwatosa aged 5 years and older are encouraged to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces in Wauwatosa.
Our Wauwatosa hotels are committed to providing clean and safe overnight accommodations for travelers considering a visit to our community by adhering to CDC guidelines.
At a minimum, Wauwatosa hotels are taking the following safety precautions to minimize the spread of COVID-19:
- Reducing contact at check-in and check-out
- Social distancing guidelines and markers
- Maximizing frequency of sanitation and cleaning procedures
- Complimentary sanitizer stations throughout the hotel
Many of our hotels are going above and beyond these minimum safety precautions by requiring staff to wear personal protective equipment, implementing the use of physical barriers between employees and guests, limiting staff access to guest rooms, and appointing a cleanliness point of contact. View the full list of hotels in Wauwatosa and contact the hotels directly to further understand the adopted policy related to COVID-19 cleanliness.
The following resources provide further facts and up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For area updates and advice, visit Wauwatosa Health Department.
- To get the latest information and updates about what’s happening in Milwaukee County, visit Milwaukee County’s StaySafeMKE.
- For recommendations and guidelines for Wauwatosa business, visit COVID-19 Information for Wauwatosa Businesses.
- For the latest global updates, health and travel information, and guidance for large gatherings, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- For healthy travel practices and guidance for travelers, visit the US Travel Association.