The Little Red Store
The Little Red Store has housed and outlived many of the trades that were responsible for Wauwatosa’s earliest commercial history. A survivor of the devastating 1895 fire in The Village that destroyed most of the buildings north of the river, the Little Red Store stands alone as the oldest remaining commercial building in the city. The store was named a City of Wauwatosa landmark in 1978, and is operated by the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
The Little Red Store offers 600 square feet of open space, with wooden tables and chairs, period wainscoting, hardwood floors and large windows overlooking the village. The building and bathroom are handicapped accessible, with ample adjacent parking. There are limited kitchen facilities including a full-size refrigerator, microwave oven and small sink. Additional tables and folding chairs can be requested.