Milwaukee is hosting the Republican National Convention July 15 - 18, 2024. Discover where to stay, meet, dine, and unwind here in Wauwatosa - right in Milwaukee’s backyard. Learn More
Whether you’re due for a solo trip, want to treat the dog to a getaway, or are searching for a place to go with your special someone, Wauwatosa will always set the scene for a vacation to remember.
For A Solo Trip
- Rocket Baby Bakery. The first stop for an epic solo weekend: Rocket Baby Bakery. This East Tosa gem is perfect for your caffeine cravings and specializes in freshly baked, made-from-scratch goods, including artisanal bread and pastries.
- Ca’Lucchenzo. For the ultimate, intimate dining experience, make a reservation at Ca’Lucchenzo for homemade pasta dishes that are made right in front of you. Plus, the owners are experienced when it comes to matching their Italian-inspired dishes with wine, so you’ll always get the perfect pairing.
- Hyde Park MKE. Complete with women’s clothing, gifts, and accessories, Hyde Park MKE is an adorable boutique that supports makers from all across the country, as well as local designers and artists.
For A Vacation with Your Fur Bestie
- Hoyt Park. Located along the beautiful Menomonee River Parkway, Hoyt Park is what doggy dreams are made of. The park is complete with hiking trails and plenty of outdoor spaces for your dogs to play, as well as The Landing — a beer garden that’s open in the summer — for some outdoor fun for both you and your pup.
- East Tosa Murals. For a scenic and incredibly colorful outdoor walk with the pup, venture over to East Tosa’s murals. These vibrant, larger-than-life murals are the paw-fect backdrop for a great selfie with your furry friend, too!
- Good City Brewing. Located in the Mayfair Collection, Good City Brewing’s pet-friendly outdoor patio is a great place to watch the game (yes, they have plenty of outdoor TVs!), try one of their many draft beers, and grab a delicious bite to eat.
For A Romantic Getaway for Two
- Eldr+Rime. With dinner for two at Eldr+Rime, date night in Wauwatosa never looked so good. This American, Scandinavian-inspired restaurant in Renaissance Milwaukee West offers simple, seasonal ingredients in each dish — plus, pretty delectable cocktails!
- Vendetta Coffee Bar. Get the true Italian café experience in Tosa Village at Vendetta Coffee Bar. A great option for couples on the go, order a shot of espresso “to stand,” and your order will come with a chaser of sparkling water — all for just $1.
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio. Love trying new things together? As the name suggests, Arté Wine and Painting Studio is a paint-and-sip experience for any skill level. Sign up for a class to be led by an instructor who will guide you through the entire process.
For A Trip with the Kids
- Milwaukee County Zoo. A trip to Milwaukee County Zoo is a no-brainer when it comes to traveling with the kids. Get some fresh air while discovering over 2,200 animals and 348 species on 190 acres of land.
- Little Village Play Café. An all-new café in East Tosa, Little Village Play Café is a place for parents to caffeinate and their children to make new friends.
- Ruckus & Glee. Perfect for the young (and the young at heart!), treat your kids with a trip to Wauwatosa’s famous toy store, Ruckus & Glee, to find their new favorite game or send a wind-up toy on its way.
For A Girlfriend’s Getaway
- The Ruby Tap. Situated in Tosa Village, The Ruby Tap is a family-and-women-owned neighborhood wine bar that’s a must-visit during girls’ weekend. Try numerous wines on tap and plenty of snack food to share over great conversations with friends.
- The Grey House. With numerous craft classes for all skill levels, Grey House allows you and your girlfriends to make something truly unique and is a great activity for everyone to bring a self-made souvenir home with them.
- Golden Nest Pancakes. It’s not a girl’s weekend without brunch, and Golden Nest Pancakes takes the cake for delicious plates and crave-worthy cocktails.
For A Guy’s Trip
- 1st & Bowl. Let the group’s competitive side come out at 1st & Bowl, Milwaukee’s first-ever football bowling bar. This unique destination also features a full-service bar and kitchen, as well as Basketball Connect 4, cornhole, and table games.
- Currie Park Golf Course. Located within our charming city, Currie Park Golf Course is a public par-71 course that’s a great start for beginners. Looking for something more challenging? There are plenty of local golf course options to discover in and near Tosa.
- Lion’s Tail Brewing. Choose from a selection of over 15 brews on tap at Lion’s Tail Brewing in MidTown Tosa. For the ultimate place to relax, check out their expansive outdoor patio on a beautiful Wisconsin day.
Header image courtesy of @babybees.knees.